Friday, July 30, 2010

Cheep!

Today Meg and I were chatting about one of her favorite subjects: songbirds. She collects stuffed songbirds that, when their bellies are pressed, chirp their individual songs.

"Meg, what bird says 'chick-a-dee-dee-dee-dee!'" I asked her.

Her face lit up. "It's a chickadee, Mom!"

She thought for a moment and said, "It's your turn, Mom." Then, in a very high-pitched little voice, she said, "What bird says 'cardinal-cardinal-cardinal-cardinal'?"

I could barely answer, though I'm pretty sure I would have gotten it right.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...

    So, my dear friend, how can you start a new blog and not tell anyone about it? Good thing you decided to out yourself today to me at least. It's a really pretty space, I love it! And I hope to see you more often here or there (at my place).

    ReplyDelete